DBWV Thanksgiving Cup
November 24th & 25th, 2018
Class I & Class III
Louie Pompei Memorial Complex
1100 N Valley Center Ave. Glendora, CA 91741
Preliminary, Semi-Finals & Finals
2009 - 2011 – 50 minutes (7 V 7)
2007 & 2008 – 50 minutes (9 V 9)
2001– 2006 – 70 minutes (11 V 11)
Preliminary games will have no overtime or FIFA penalty kicks.
Halftimes will be limited to (5) minutes.
This tournament is played under FIFA rules as modified by USYSA and CYSA South. All decisions and calls of the referees are final. NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED. The Tournament Director will resolve any situation not covered by the rules. Only a registered team official/coach may represent a team during any official proceeding. Semi-final and championship games will be played until a winner is determined. In the event of a tie at the end of a regulation time for a semi-final game, the game will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks. In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time for a championship game, TWO COMPLETE 10 minute overtime periods will be played and FIFA penalty kicks (if necessary) to determine winner.
Mandatory Team Check In
Saturday November 24th 2018 at team check in tent 60 minutes prior to each teams first game.
1. Rosters, medical release forms, player ID cards will be verified at check in.
2. Current laminated USYSA passes will be required for all players and coaches.
Also travel papers for teams not affiliated with CYSA South are required.
3. Team rosters will be frozen once a team has completed check-in.
4. Team representative must submit a signed and completed game card at check-in.
(Game cards will be issued at check-in)
5. Home team is the team listed first, shall provide the game ball and change jerseys in case of a color conflict, as determined by referee. The home team will have the North or East side of the field.
6. You can carry a maximum roster of twelve (12) players with and a unlimited loan players for 2009 - 2011, sixteen (16) for 2007 & 2008 and eighteen (18) for 2001 through 2006.
7. Passes and medical releases will be required at all games. Game cards will be held by Field Marshall and presented to referee before game. Teams must be at their assigned fields thirty (30) minutes before game.
8. Once your Team has received acceptance to this tournament your team will not be eligible for a refund.
CYSA-S State Cup substitution rules will apply. A player receiving a caution (yellow card) may be substituted for at that time.
1. Six (6) points for each Win. (Maximum 10 points per game possible)
2. Three (3) points for each Tie
3. Zero (0) points for each Loss
4. One (1) point for a shutout.
5. One (1) point for each goal scored up to a maximum of three (3) per game.
6. 0-0 tie will be scored as 4 points for each team (3 points for tie, l point for shutout)
7. FORFEIT 1 – 0 (7 points, no shutout point)
8. A team that fails to have seven (7) eligible players for 2006 through 2001 and five (5) eligible players for 2008 and 2007 on the field five at game time, will FORFEIT the game. If a team forfeits a game, the scores from any completed games will stand. All games will have a 5 minute grace period.
Five levels of tie breaking will be employed to resolve ties in standings:
1. Head to head competition
2. Fewest goals allowed
3. Most goals scored
4. Most shutout victories
5. FIFA penalty kicks
6. WILD CARD SELECTION - wild cards will be selected from the second place teams who have accumulated the most points. Ties on points will be broken with the tie breakers rules. If WC comes from bracket A, Winner A will play Winner C, and Winner B will play WC.
DISCIPLINE: If officials terminate a game for misconduct, the offending team may be suspended from further participation and all points previously earned forfeited at the discretion of the Tournament Committee. Additionally, the offending teams’ league and state association will be notified. No alcoholic beverages shall be permitted. No person shall be permitted to appear on, or in the vicinity of, the playing site in an intoxicated condition. No protests will be accepted.
1. Two (2) yellow cards in a game equals red card EJECTION, no replacement
2. A player or coach who has been ejected will not be allowed to participate in the next scheduled game.
3. A player or coach EJECTED for violent or serious foul play will not be allowed to participate for the duration of the tournament.
4. Any coach or player who assaults a referee will be expelled from the Tournament.
5. ID cards will not be returned and will be forwarded to CYSA for violent conduct or referee assaults.
In the event of inclement weather, call the Muddline 626-213-4538 before reporting to scheduled field. In the event of inclement weather, matches may be shortened or cancelled at the Tournament Committee’s discretion. If all assigned games are unable to be played the winner may be decided by FIFA penalty kicks, or the Tournament Committee if FIFA penalty kicks cannot be taken. A reduced/modified schedule due to inclement weather is not considered a tournament cancellation. In the event of a tournament cancellation the tournament reserves the right to retain a portion of the registration to recover tournament cost.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
If accepted to participate in the DBWV Thanksgiving Cup soccer tournament, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the DBWV Thanksgiving Cup tournament, Diamond Bar Walnut Valley Soccer League, FC Man United and California Youth Soccer Association, officials, coaches, referees, sponsors and/or representatives from any action brought about through claims, lawsuits, or any type of judgments that may arise out of any injury, physical or monetary, to members posted on your submitted game roster.