Message from Cal South to it's members.
Dear Cal South Members,
With the increasing number of cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported across the world, Cal South wants to provide its members with guidelines and best practices outlined by various National and International agencies. We are monitoring all these agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the State Department, United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC), and The World Health Organization (WHO) for the latest updates.
We are also monitoring any updates US Youth Soccer (USYS) and The United States Soccer Federation (USSF) make or announce, and will communicate any changes in the current soccer policies regarding this issue. At this time, Cal South competitions and events will continue as scheduled.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- The CDC recommends that ONLY people who are ill wear a face mask, as it can be an effective tool to help prevent the transmission of respiratory illnesses including Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- For information about handwashing, see the CDC’s Handwashing website.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses, the CDC also has specific guidance for travelers.
Please see the following additional resources and communications which may provide further information and answers to your questions.
• CDC - Coronavirus Overview
• CDC - Travel Recommendations (China)
• CDC - Frequently Asked Questions
• CDC - Travelers Health
• WHO - Advice for Coronavirus
• U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Travel Information
• USOPC - Coronavirus Update